Friday, November 16, 2012

Things

I hear Lydia starting to wake up, but until she is truly awake I will blog some of what is happening around here.
* We had some gorgeous warm weather at the beginning of the month. It was the perfect "fall". Our trees started dropping their leaves and the kids LOVED jumping in our leaf piles.

*All at once it got freezing and we had a storm that lasted days. One morning we went to Sugar House park to go sledding. I put the babies in rain boots hoping they would be interested in the snow while Danny and Lucy went down the mountain. The snow was so high they couldn't walk! So instead I held the babies while Danny and Lucy went down the mountain a couple times. It was pouring snow so we didn't last long-but the sledding was really fun.



 * For the first time ever procrastination worked for me. Until August regular child immunization were not covered by my insurance and I had a $50 copay for a well child visit. I kept putting off going to the county for immunizations and finally decided I had to get it done. Luckily I checked my insurance, and in August they changed their policy and now completely cover both. Yea! Danny was kind enough to go with me for the babies' appointments. Two crying babies after shots is too much for me.


*We're moving home to CA on December 15th. I am in that difficult position where it is too early to start packing and organizing, but I know it will be time intensive and difficult with the babies so I wish I could get going. I'm not letting myself start until after Thanksgiving when my family goes home.
*That said, I've bought packing supplies and went through all of my baby gear that I may not need for awhile:(  I was happy that we have two good friends with new baby girls so some things I don't need went to good homes. I was super excited to free up three plastic boxes!
* We are super excited to go home, but I am also really sad to leave Salt Lake. I love it here. I love our ward, our house, our neighborhood. I LOVE being so close to Becca and Ruby. I'm so glad we've been here because Ruby really knows her cousins and loves me:) I will miss her so much. I will also miss hanging out with Becca. We have always talked on the phone every day, but living only a hour apart we were able to see each other weekly and do all those things we used to only wish we could do together.
*We found a family to rent our home. We were only here a year, but I'm really happy knowing a nice family of girls will be living here and appreciating this cute house.
*Katy and my mom are leaving after work and driving to UT today. We are so excited. Lucy has included her "grandma coming countdown" in her prayers-which is pretty funny. I am incredibly excited because we will have a super fun week and I will be totally distracted from moving etc.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment