I love conference. It is like a vacation, you get to stay in your jammies as long as you want, lounge around the house and snack all day while watching. It was especially exciting this weekend because Grandma and Grandpa Leininger came to visit and watch with us. Lucy was ecstatic. Saturday morning they played with Lucy while Danny and I went to a giant baby sale given by the local twin mom group. We got there early and still waited 30 minutes in line to get in-it was WILD. The heavens were smiling on us because when we went in I saw a double stroller complete with two identical infant car seats and bases. They were in PERFECT condition. The owner was working nearby so she was able to tell me how it worked for her twins. She was incredibly clean because looking at it, it didn't even looked used! They wanted $150 for the whole set. New it would have cost me $400. We didn't have that much cash on us at the moment so Danny went out for cash while I got my first lesson navigating a double stroller in the midst of hundreds of people scrounging for good deals. It was a bit crazy-but by the time Danny got back I had two preemie outfits, a cute bouncer, a twin book and some cute clothes for Lucy. It was a total success and I have been super excited ever since. Unfortunately it meant we missed Elder Hollands talk-can't wait to read it soon. Lucy loved sitting by Grandma during conference. She jumped up in excitement every time someone said Book of Mormon, Prophet, or Jesus Christ-I guess she feels a strong connection to those particular gospel terms. Needless to say she was excited most of the time.
In between sessions we went to the fun farmers market near our house. Marilyn and I ditched out early for another sonogram. I have had three in one week! I was glad that Marilyn could share this one. Last week I met with my perinatologist and learned that the safest thing for my babies would be to get a cerclage at 14 weeks. I'm happy about this because it makes me feel like the babies are a bit safer. Unfortunately she wants me to start bedrest at 20 weeks-just before Christmas. I'll be down for 16 weeks. Anyway, maybe I'll get into all of this in another post. The point is I've been feeling pretty upset about it for the last couple days. Marilyn and I were talking about it and what life would be like for the next months on the way to our appointment and I wasn't feeling very optimistic:) I had a complete attitude adjustment seeing my babies. They are so tiny (about 3 cm right now)-you can see their little hearts beating. That is my favorite part. It is rather surreal to see two babies too:) It was very fun to share it with Marilyn. We returned home for the afternoon session and during the rest of the meetings I was able to focus on gratitude. When I look at those little babies, it doesn't matter what I have to do to get them here. They are miracles and I am so lucky they're mine.
We had so much fun with Gma and Babba. Lucy woke up this morning as they left and for the next twenty minutes I could hear her talking to herself "I don't want them to go. I want Gma to stay forever. We have room for Mommy, Daddy, Me, Gma AND Babba." Our house felt even more like home with them here-we're pretty used to living together:) I would be in mourning but I still have something to look forward to-my Dad is already on the road on his way to visit us. We can't wait:)
That sounds awesome! And you are super lucky to have Dad visiting--I am in a position to know that Dad is a pretty cool guy.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for Thursday! Tell Lucy that Ruby will let her sleep in her room if she wants.
ReplyDeleteOh that stroller rocks, what a cool thing for mothers with twins!!! So happy you had family come visit, but wow about being on bed rest! I'm sure your Mom or someone is coming to stay and take care of Lucy during those many weeks? You poor thing, your post was so optimistic with gratitude even though hearing such news. You are so awesome and we are so excited for your sweet family!!! Hope you're feeling okay and so jealous about the MANY sonograms you get.
ReplyDeleteI would be upset too and that seems like a totally natural response, but you are right. Those little ones are worth it. Enjoy the rest while you can!!! Milk it for all it's worth because you won't be getting any afterward! Drove by Irvine yesterday on our way to and from Long Beach. Didn't realize you were so close to us!!! If we're in the neighborhood we'll give you a call!!! If you're taking a trip to San Diego, let me know!!
ReplyDeleteI have been out of the blog stuff for a while but just wanted to say CONGRATS!! You guys are amazing people to have gone through so much in such a short period of time and always with smiles on! :) I am excited for your twins. It is such a blessing and I know you both will enjoy every minute and I'm sure Lucy will be the best biggest sister :)
ReplyDeleteThat stroller is totally awesome, and I definitely wish I had had double stroller training cause it is work! ;) love to everyone